Titisee.web

    Titisee

 im Schwarzwald


Titisee
Geschichte
Sagen
Hotels
Freizeit
Goldküste
Kunst
Märklin-World
Brennerei
Links
Impressum

  The village Titisee got his name from the lake . Before, until 1927,
 it was named „Vierthäler“ because of its four valleys called Alten-
 weg, Spriegelsbach, Schildwende and Jostal .
 The suites of the hotel are named after the 4 valleys.
 The name Titisee goes back to the year 1050. It can also be found
 in one document of the monastery „Allerheiligen“ near Schaffhausen.
 There are also documents connecting the name with the Roman com-
 mander Titus who was said to have camped at the banks of Titisee.
 But there are no documents proving this story.
 

 It was around 1750 when the name Titisee was officially adopted.
 In 1929 when tourism via cars and trains began to flourish, the town
 got the same name as its lake.
 The present centre of Titisee is not 100 years old yet.
 Around 1873 the first restaurant was built from which stems the legen-
 dary Titisee-Hotel. Unfortunately, this beautiful hotel with its typical
 corner towers fell victim to modernity.
 November 2001 marked the 75th anniversary of the Parkhotel Waldeck Golfhotel Titisee.
 The fourth generation of the family Franz is proud of this event.
 Due to its healing climate the resort is a popular destination for excursions
 and journeys for so many people.  The careful restauration and preserva-
 tion of the original landscape, the numerous sports activities as well as the
 qualitiy and equipment of the hotels guarantee an unforgettable journey.

English

Titisee
History
Legends
Hotels
Gold-Coast
Links
Märklin-World

Francais

Titisee
Histoires
Légendes
Hótels
Còte d’or
Links
Märklin-World